Hello and Congratulations on signing up for Lincoln IMPACT. Below are your instructions and tips for a fantastic and productive IMPACT program. The possibilities for your physical improvements are unlimited over the next month.
Your IMPACT program meets at 6 a.m. MWF at the AmericInn, south of South Walmart, 8701 Amber Hill Court. A map can be found at http://g.co/maps/fx9ae
Plan to arrive 5 – 10 minutes early the first day. All other days you should be ready to go at our exact start time.
We sincerely want you to have the very best experience possible and maximize your body transformation. While your motivation is high, its normal to be nervous if this is your IMPACT Program. Here are 16 important tips for you to get the most significant results out of your IMPACT transformation – and enjoy the process:
1. Commit to before fitness assessment (times vary )at the AmericInn, south of South Walmart, 8701 Amber Hill Court. A map can be found at http://g.co/maps/fx9ae in the Conference Room. Knowing your starting points (weight, body composition and pre-camp pictures) will help you to “own” where you are and set specific goals for where you want to be. Please do not wear anything bulky. If you cannot make that time, see one of us to make alternate arrangements. If you are motivated for the first assessment we promise the “afters” in a month will be a fantastic experience as we measure your improvements. Weight loss in the first month averages 6 pounds and some have lost up to 17 their first month.
2. Show up to the nutrition seminar on (times vary) at the AmericInn, south of South Walmart, 8701 Amber Hill Court. A map can be found at http://g.co/maps/fx9ae in the Conference Room. – You must properly fuel your body to have energy for camp, to recover from camp, build beautiful lean muscle and incinerate excess fat. We will empower you regarding eating to speed your metabolism so you will optimize fat burning during class. The nutrition seminar is a key to your success and achieving dramatic results in a short period of time.
The nutrition seminar is free to anyone so please invite your spouse, mature children, and anyone who is going to support you in your IMPACT program or who could benefit from boosting their metabolism and becoming healthier.
3. Invest in a new pair of running shoes – Reserve these shoes for IMPACT class alone. Your body mechanics begin from the feet up and you want to preserve your joints by cushioning your feet and ultimately minimizing stress on your body. Go to a store whose employees are trained in properly fitting your foot.
4. Get to bed at night - Sleep is a large factor in health and weight loss. You will hear us preach about rest consistently. You are demanding a lot of your body to get exercise at a moderate-to-high intensity. During sleep is when you heal, recover and have cellular growth and repair. Turn off the TV at night, shut down the computer and get to bed. You will feel much better during your workouts and for the rest of the day. Take a 15 minute nap during the first week. Lack of sleep is a major stressor to your body and there is scientific evidence that it stimulates your hunger and makes fat loss difficult. Strive for 7+ hours a night. Limit daytime “power” naps to 15 minutes.
5. Make your very best effort to attend every session – This is not a spectator sport and in order to get results, you must show up. This is something that no one can do for you. Only you can achieve the physical results you desire. The great news is that is possible and it’s guaranteed. You have our support as your coaches and you will be amazed at the support you get from your fellow campers. There are no makeups in this program. No excuses, no blame – be there and you will be thrilled with your improvements in 4 weeks. It’s up to you!
6. Pre-workout meals–Eat a complete breakfast that includes as many as possible (within reasonable calorie limits) complex carbohydrates (especially whole grains), proteins, dairy, and fruits and/or vegetables.
7. Listen to your body - If something causes you any pain during class, stop and notify me. There are always modifications which can be made. I want you to become in tuned to your body’s signals. Do not do anything that hurts. There will be days where you may feel fatigued, sore or not rested. If your energy level is low and you are feeling like IMPACT may be too much for you, a day of rest will do you wonders.
8. Use the weekends for rest – Sleep in and have fun. Do not try to get in much more activity, especially if you are not accustomed to regular and intense exercise. Use this time to catch up on sleep, relaxation and pampering. That will serve you well for the next Monday morning. Even elite athletes rest 1 – 2 days per week.
9. Be prepared –Dress in breathable and comfortable clothing. Bring a water bottle, and use it.
10. Clean out the pantry and refrigerator – Now is the time to remove any items that are non-nourishing, items that are trigger foods for you or foods you are eating too much of. Shop for fresh fruits and vegetables, and lean proteins such as fish and chicken. You’ll receive a list of healthy foods at the nutrition seminar.
11. Invite a friend – Having a friend to get fit with increases your success rate, results and fun. If you don’t have a friend to join you yet, don’t worry, you will meet incredible people in class. Each month we will have one bring a friend day. You can also invite your spouse, girlfriend, neighbor or co-worker. You receive a $50.00 referral fee for every friend who you refer who joins.
12. Get in the right mindset – Know that physical challenges are the very best thing for your body and that your body will respond positively to your efforts. Physical activity is the only way to build a lean, strong, beautiful body. Know you are worth the time so keep your commitment to your well-being a high priority. Cut off any possibilities of sabotage and failure. Put your eyes and mind on the outcome you will achieve. Write down your goals for the next month. Post those goals where you will see them several times each day.
13. Pace yourself – We will give you guidance, and you will push yourself as best you can. I will always give two or three options for each exercise and you can choose your level. You will likely push yourself harder than I will ever push you. I also don’t want you to fool yourself into thinking you can go through the motions without exerting yourself. This program is an investment in yourself and we want you to do your best.
14. Take the Real Age Assessment – prior to beginning IMPACT and attending the nutrition seminar, please go to www.RealAge.com and take the quiz to find out your biological age versus your physiological age. We will ask you to do this again at the end of the month to compare how many months and years you add to your life as a result of your new found habits and fitness level. Some members are as much as 4 years younger in 4 short weeks.
15. Complete the food logs – Turn in your food log each Friday morning. This exercise makes you conscious of what is passing your lips. It gives you a visual of what you are consuming though out the day, at the end of the day, and for the week. It keeps you accountable to yourself . . . and to us. It allows you to see the progress over the month. It allows you to see what’s working and what’s not. It gives us insights as to how to best guide you in making the best possible food choices for results and health.
You can use the one we provide or make up your own. We will be collecting food logs on Friday mornings. We know it takes effort, however those who complete the food logs see the best results. We will review them over the weekend and give you feedback on Monday morning. You can e-mail them or fax them on Friday as well.
When doing food logs, be as specific as possible regarding quantity, brands and time of day. Also include any beverages.
16. Take a multi vitamin. That recommendation comes from the American Dietetic Association. Most of us are not consuming all of the nutrients we need if including 5+ veggies a day and 2+ fruits a day.
So what can you expect from your IMPACT experience?
Week # 1 – You may be nervous and slightly humbled (not intentionally), yet it will build your motivation to come back for more. By week’s end you will start to feel positive effects on the rest of your day. You will feel accomplished, but exhausted driving home from your IMPACT workout. It’s normal to feel fatigued, experience muscle soreness and be ready to sleep in on Saturday and Sunday. You will feel accomplished and already start to feel less bloated, the presence of firmer abs, and more energetic.
In week two, your body will start to move into higher gear as it’s getting used to waking up early and moving. Some of the activities will become easier, yet you will continue to be progressively challenged. You will be making friends and support each other as your body transformation is now well under way.
In week three, you can begin to see results and others are noticing them too! You are beginning to look like a firmer version of your old self. Your posture is improved; you feel stronger, more energetic and are welcoming the physical challenges. Your skin even has a glow to it!
In week four, you are energized; you are feeling firm and fit. You are in a new body and celebrating the end of your first month of IMPACT.
We want you to keep an open mind and know great things will happen over the next month, and each week you are becoming better than the week before.
We are going to be using a variety of techniques to get you in shape at your current ability level. Some examples include walking, jogging, running or sprinting, kick boxing, Pilates, yoga, obstacle courses, strength training, games, drills and surprises. No two workouts will be alike. …And you’ll have fun doing it.
Please e-mail or call me if you cannot be present at a class. Attendance is mandatoryto see results. You may reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org or on my cell at (402) 217-2804.
About your Coach
Theresa has a MSE in Exercise Science from Wayne State College and a BS in secondary natural science education with a coaching endorsement and honors from University of Nebraska. Theresa also holds four Nebraska AAU open raw power lifting records. Theresa is passionate about fitness and nutrition to ensure healthy, functional living at all ages.
Over the next 4 weeks, we will be empowering you with information ranging from nutrition and exercise to lifestyle enhancement, time management, mental conditioning and motivation. Expect several e-mails each week from us.
We welcome any questions that you may have prior to getting started. Most questions can be answered at www.lincolnimpact.com.
For administrative information, contact Matt at email@example.com or (402) 937-8FIT (8348).
Please reply to confirm by e-mailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org that you will be attending the initial measurements Sept. 14 and nutrition seminar September 16, and include how many guests you will be bringing to the nutrition seminar so we can have handouts prepared.
On the first day, be prepared for activity, dress comfortably, and have your water bottle, towel, and a great attitude. Your body is guaranteed to look awesome in your jeans 4 weeks from day one. We expect great things of you in the next 4 weeks.
We look forward to assisting you toward reaching and exceeding your physical goals – and more!
Sincerely, your coach,
Theresa J. Sedivy, MSE, ACE CPT-IMPACT
Lincoln Impact Fitness Director
> 3-fat blasting muscle defining sessions weekly
> Pre & Post Fitness Assessment
> Weekly Food Logs
> Weekly Weigh-Ins
> Daily e-mails
The IMPACT program was the idea of Dr. John Spencer Ellis, founder of the National Exercise Sports Trainers Association and The Adventure Boot Camp Program. John and his team at NESTA did research on the best format for fat burning and muscle conditioning and came up with the formula for IMPACT.
John invited Kelli Calabrese, Clinical Exercise Specialist and Master Trainer to co-create the program including the original 12 IMPACT Method workouts. Together John and Kelli have 45 years of experience in the fitness industry and have amassed 7 college degrees and a combined 35 fitness, nutrition and lifestyle certifications. Kelli and John have many media appearances to their credit including NBC, ABC & CBS. They have spoken internationally, have co-authored books and fitness programs and have dedicated their lives to the pursuit of well being and fitness.
Kelli and John have poured all of their years working with clients from weekend warriors to athletes into the IMPACT program. They have read research, interviewed coaches and taken all of their successes with the Adventure Boot Camp program and wrapped it into the IMPACT Method for you to get the most excellent results.